Saturday, February 2, 2013

Christmas 2011



     My Christmas was just another day. They do things very different here in the Philippines instead of going to sleep they stay up late and have a very big feast.  The equivalent here for turkey is Lechon, a big roasted pig. Funny enough it tastes like turkey. I ate so much food because I had three dinner appointments.  Needless to say, I was  stuffed by the end of the day.  Plus, by the end of our last dinner appointment, it was raining super hard and it didn't look like it was going to let up so we had to trudge through it. I was so drenched by the time we got back to the apartment. Still waiting on the package ,I will probably get it by the second week of January. The baptism went great. Since there was no font I performed the ordinance in a river. Today has been great, our Zone had a CSP (community service project) earlier this morning. We cleared out a bunch of shrubs with mga sundang (machetes) tapos (then) we constructed a fence. While we were building the fence it started to rain really hard but we worked through it. We have five investigators who we have taught 1st lesson to. Later this week we go to Can-avid. We have people there who are Investigators, but we haven't began teaching them yet. Basta, I guess New Years here in the Philippines is crazy, well I will find out later! Oh please with your next package send some OFF 40% deet mosquito spray non-aresol. May da kamo maupay nga adlaw ngan mabuhay. Oh and please I don't know if you forgot or what please next email send a picture of my mission plaque. Malipayon bago nga tuig!

No comments:

Post a Comment