Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Dear Family,
Salamat po para an imo information. This last week has been great, our main focus has been less actives. We visited 11 this week. Some we have been visiting for a while most of them were less active were we made first contact with them. It is a sweet experience for them. Like I have said earlier, there are so many less actives in the Philippines and my area is no exception. My heart just swells with joy when I see them return to church. That reminds me of the parable of the lost sheep. Since its difficult to find where these people live, we often have to rely on the leaders to help us find them. This last week we visited an brother who was baptized in the 80's. H.e invited us in we talked for awhile to get to know him I guess he was in the Philippine military and he talked a-lot about how the gospel helped him at that time in his life. It was a good experience. When we started to share our message we asked him if he had a BOM (Book of Mormon) he said yes, he then pulled out the BOM that the missionaries gave to him at the time of his conversion. It was old and tattered, in fact it was so old that the Translation (Tagalog) wasn't even complete yet. So we shared our message and siempre ginhatagan namon siya bago an Aklat ni Mormon. Tagalog Version. Then he gave me the old one which is extremely rare so needless to say I have added it to my collection of Book of Mormon's.   

Wow it sounds like you are getting a-lot of snow! I wished I had some here, it's just been raining pirme. I can honestly say I have never used an umbrella as much as I have now. It pretty much is your best friend rain or shine. Wow damong mga tao ginkarawat nira calls! Shoot I think Cody enters the MTC next week. Ayaw Kabalaka I haven't been missing home to much. My homesickness is fleeting, it doesn't stay around and linger. I have been bitten by so many mosquitoes I am surprised that I haven't contracted dengue pa. Damong mga salamat mom I can't wait to see all of the scrap booking that you will have accomplished by the time igbalik nakon. Oh and keep up the good work Dad!! You are building an empire. 

Well ya'll are eagles!! So spread your wings and fly. I love you.

Your Missionary Son

No comments:

Post a Comment